'Disingenuous' Meghan Markle 'always planned to leave Royals,' royal biographer claims

1 month ago 6

Prince Harry is 'barely recognisable' while Meghan Markle is 'totally disingenuous' and 'always planned to leave the Royals', a royal biographer has claimed.

Speaking exclusively to The Royal Beat, available on True Royalty TV, royal expert Robert Jobson who knew the late Princess' 'well' alleged the Duchess of Sussex, 39, had always planned to leave the Royal Family

'I think she had a plan from the outset that she wasn't going to stick with it [The Royal Family] and it didn't take long, before all that thanking the royal family,' he commented. 

'The royal family would have done their best to have helped her and they would have tried.'

Speaking exclusively to The Royal Beat, available on True Royalty TV, royal expert Robert Jobson claimed Prince Harry is 'barely recognisable' while Meghan Markle is 'totally disingenuous' and 'always planned to leave the Royals.' Pictured, surprise appearance at the #SpotifyStreamOn event

royal expert and friend of late Princess claims Robert Jobson alleged the Duchess of Sussex, 39, 'had a plan' from the outset. Pictured, with Meghan Markle hosting a special Time100 talk on October 20, 2020

Elsewhere, former Buckingham Palace Press Officer Dickie Arbiter called the Sussexes' statement on their future 'petulant, rude and immature'. 

The Queen's decision to remove Harry and Meghan's royal patronages because a 'life of public service' is not compatible with the couple's lucrative new career in America sparked a barbed response from the Sussexes.

The royal couple stated 'service is universal', which Royal sources called 'horribly disrespectful' and ''you can't line your pockets while undertaking official duties'. 

The Royals are braced for Harry and Meghan to hit back at the Palace in an interview with Oprah Winfrey - who flew into California on her £50million private jet and was with the couple hours before they released their statement. 

'They are not going to rubbish the Royal Family, because it is not in their interest,' Dickie Arbiter said. 'So they will talk about the 'suits', how the officials didn't back them up.'

'They will certainly talk about what they are aiming to achieve; they will talk about family life, babies, and motherhood. They will talk about the British media because that sticks in the craw as fair as they are concerned.'    

Robert Jobson (pictured, right) also accused the couple of 'monetising the Royal Family all the time'

Jobson added: 'The rudeness of the statement they issued after they left! Frankly, they have been given a lot of slack, but they were damn right rude to The Queen and the Royal Family.' 

Author and Vanity Fair Royal Correspondent Katie Nicholl also told the programme: 'I think The Palace felt off guard about the pregnancy announcement [and] the Oprah announcement. 

'It was clear that the Sussex's were working as a machine in their own right - they weren't working with the Palace. 

'[Buckingham Palace] had made their minds up. They didn't need until the 31 st of March to make that statement. 

Oprah, a global star with stateswoman-like appeal, attended the couple's wedding in May 2018 - last week, she spent two days filming her blockbuster interview with the couple at their Californian home

'My understanding from the sources that I have spoken to at the Palace was that they would [release it] earlier and bring an end to all this speculation.' 

When discussing the surprise move to film an interview with Oprah Winfrey after requesting a more private life, Jobson also accused the couple of 'monetising the Royal Family all the time.'

'Let's be clear, the reason they are doing Oprah is to boost their brand and get as much attention as possible because that is the power of the buck,' he claimed. 

'The reason they are talking about their private life is because they need to make sure their brand is high and highly visible in America.'  

Also speaking on the programme, Dickie Arbiter's daughter, royal commentator Victoria Arbiter added: 'This is Meghan and Harry trying to win over and woo Americans.' 

Pictured: The statement from Buckingham Palace that The Sussexes had been stripped of their remaining roles

Minutes later, the apparently furious Sussexes issued a stinging rebuke to the Queen, insisting they would still 'live a life of service' outside the royal fold. They added: 'Service is universal.'

In its statement on 20 February, Buckingham Palace said: 'The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty the Queen that they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.

'Following conversations with the duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.

'The honorary military appointments and royal patronages held by the Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of the Royal Family.'

They added: 'While all are saddened by their decision, the Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family.'

Four minutes later a spokesman for the Sussexes retorted: 'As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role.

'We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.' 

Read Entire Article